Comments

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >

Ran across this quote a few years ago and it still holds true:

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of the fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince.
The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."
Posted by Blair  on  04/17  at  03:12 AM | #

"Devolving" is the perfect word for what is happening to America.
We have a large 'lifelong welfare class', ongoing 'dumbing down' of students, ignorance of our own heritage and founding truths,
a Federal government that can erase any of our Bill of Rights with a stroke of the pen...and too many Americans are clueless.
With a pathetic, dishonest MSM that calls the Tea Party movement 'racist' and a president who does everything according to some liberal-socialist dogma... a president who has been heard to say the American voter is too stupid to understand...
Devolving? It has been going on for the last thirty years.. one step at a time. We are so fragile & vulnerable that it would only take a single economic crisis to cause a total collapse.
Devolving? God help us...you are right.
Posted by George from Atlanta  on  04/16  at  03:52 PM | #

In a nut shell:

I admire your indefatigable spirit, consider me as a supporter from Texas.

Our nation is at a crossroads. You have brought light to the most serious crisis facing our Republic since its founding.

I also wish you had nationally syndicated radio show, or more exposure in the media, your ability to reduce a forest of information into concise principles is extremely powerful and important.

Because I am a man of no standing or resources in the community at least temporarily, all I can do is merely praise, If my circumstances change, I will do whatever necessary to assist you in this great cause.
Posted by RD Whalen  on  04/16  at  03:38 PM | #

I've studied history all my life. Earned a BA in it from a respected program back in '73 before the arm-chaired communists overran the place. There is no longer a single professorial chair in US History there. Islamic Studies is thriving with petrodollars supporting the movement. I'd like to congratulate you for writing a splendidly succinct essay that I believe can school the uninitiated to the important trends that have concerned me for decades as an educator and life long student of current history. We are frightfully picking up speed on the road to serfdom. It seems so cliche to state that this 2012 election cycle is the most critical in our history; most critical for the world's for that matter. Unfortunately, from the bottom of my cerebrum I am positive it is a true statement this time.
Posted by Bob  on  04/16  at  03:23 PM | #

Curses upon Obama, the USA is now 47th on the freedom index of the World.

We are now on the Freedom Index at 47th in the world:
Posted by Elaine  on  04/16  at  12:20 PM | #

US federal taxes are down to 14% of gdp, lowest since 1950.
Posted by Guest  on  04/16  at  09:51 AM | #

That was one of the greatest history lessons I have ever read. Thank you, Kelly, you have given me fodder for my blog with facts, dates, times, and places. Outstanding, sir, thank you some more!
Posted by cmblake6  on  04/16  at  05:26 AM | #

Superb article!

The proof is all around us. Take the health care debate as an example. We constantly hear people arguing over whether the commerce clause is the proper and relevant authority by which the government controls who gets health care and how it's paid for, but we never hear any discussion of the underlying weakness in the philosophical foundation for the argument.

During the 2010 election cycle I remember several occasions in which the subject of universal health care was being discussed and the reaction of the people involved when I asked the question: “What makes you think that free health care is a basic right or entitlement of some kind?”

The answer was always something like: “Because it’s so important.” or: “People can die if they can’t get good health care.”

To which I always replied: “But someone has to pay for it, nothing in life is free, and healthcare happens to be rather expensive.”

And the reply was always the same: “Government has to pay for it.”

Of course what they meant by that is that taxpayers like you and I have to pay for it, and not just for our own health care, but for the health care of everyone who can’t afford to pay for their own, as well as those who simply prefer to spend their own money on cigarettes and junk food.

I usually exit the conversation shortly after asking the group the following question: “I thought you folks were a bunch of liberals, since when do you believe in slavery ?”

This never fails to stop the conversation cold. The usual response is “Slavery ? What the heck are you talking about ?” To which I reply: “What else would you call a system in which a small group of people are forced to work for the unearned benefit of others ?” (Someone much smarter than I is responsible for that line.)

To date I’ve never received an answer to that question worth repeating here, and since the midterms I've never even heard anyone raise the question again. Last week, the OWS movement loudly proclaimed that public transportation is also a human right. And the march to the left just keeps rolling along.

Until we start addressing these questions, we're just treading water at best. The basic idea that things (and services) like food, clothing, a home, education, medical care, etc., is the true underlying evil.

We can't eliminate evil if all we're doing is debating what the most politically expedient way is to pay for it.

It's time for Atlas to shrug!

fs
Posted by Swemson  on  04/15  at  09:34 PM | #

Page 1 of 3 pages  1 2 3 >

Why America is Devolving Towards Absolute Government Control

Posted by Kelly OConnell on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:00 AM

With America Headed Towards Socialism, Most Care Not Enough to Resist

imageThe relentless encroachment of socialism upon America’s economic, cultural and governmental landscape is like a bad dream to most red-blooded Americans. When society changes it can seem like the ineluctable drift of evolution or chance. But in the case of America’s ongoing continued expansion of government powers, spiking taxes, and shrinking military, it’s all part of a planned elitist push into socialism. And one need not believe in secret conspiracies when contemplating this shift. In fact, for those paying attention, it was all outlined long ago by the Fabian Socialist society, and other groups such as the Frankfurt School, as explained below.